Print Print    Close Close

Cubs' Castro says he's happy he won't be charged

Published November 20, 2014

Associated Press

Chicago Cubs shortstop Starlin Castro says he is pleased prosecutors have decided not to file charges against him over an alleged sexual assault.

Castro said before Saturday's game against the Cincinnati Reds that he's "happy it's over." He says the allegations made it tough to play every day.

Cook County prosecutors said Friday they would not file charges.

State's attorney spokeswoman Sally Daly said police and prosecutors reviewing the case found insufficient evidence to charge the 21-year-old player. His attorneys have said the allegations that he sexually assaulted a woman last fall are baseless.

Castro was chosen for the All-Star team last year in his first full major league season when he batted .307 and led the National League with 207 hits.

Print Print    Close Close

URL

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/cubs-castro-says-hes-happy-he-wont-be-charged

  • Home
  • Video
  • Politics
  • U.S.
  • Opinion
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Science
  • Health
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • World
  • Sports
  • Weather
  • Privacy
  • Terms

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. © FOX News Network, LLC. All rights reserved. Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. Market data provided by Factset. Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. Legal Statement. Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by LSEG. Do Not Sell my Personal Information - New Terms of Use - FAQ