Report: Clinton Keeps Campaign Staff Despite Dismissing Talk of Second Bid
{{#rendered}} {{/rendered}}Though Secretary of State Hillary Clinton says she has no interest in another presidential run, she still maintains a substantial off-season campaign apparatus.
The New York Daily News reports that the runner-up in last year's Democratic presidential primary still has an eight-person political staff and two bulging campaign accounts.
Clinton reportedly paid the staffers close to $100,000 in the last quarter, but an aide told the Daily News that the staff will reduce in size over time as it winds down the campaign shop.
{{#rendered}} {{/rendered}}Her team, though, has succeeded in turning Clinton's daunting campaign debt into a $3 million surplus, counting both her Senate and presidential accounts.
Yet Clinton has repeatedly said she's out of campaign mode, most likely for good.
"Well, you know, I say no, never, you know, not at all. I don't know what, what else to say," Clinton told NBC's "Meet the Press" Sunday, when asked about the possibility of another run.
{{#rendered}} {{/rendered}}Asked a week ago about her future plans, she also told FOX News she has "no interest or inclination" to run again and said President Obama will be "re-elected overwhelmingly" in 2012.
"I have tried to be very clear that I do not see such a future for myself. And that is, you know, the fact," she told FOX News. "I'm very occupied with the job that I have now ... So it just seems it's not on my radar screen. I mean, when I was asked the other day, it seemed like -- of another life. It just didn't have any direct relevance to what I'm doing today."
Click here to read the full story in The New York Daily News.