Print Print    Close Close

Carlos Santana cancels December shows following heart procedure

Published December 02, 2021

Associated Press
Fox News Flash top headlines for December 1 Video

Carlos Santana has successfully undergone a heart procedure and is canceling several Las Vegas shows planned for December. 

In a video message released Wednesday, Santana said he asked his wife to take him to the hospital on Saturday because of an issue with his chest. 

"I’m going to be taking time off for a little bit to make sure that I replenish and rest," Santana said. 

Carlos Santana performs at the BottleRock Napa Valley Music Festival on May 26, 2019, in Napa, California.

Carlos Santana performs at the BottleRock Napa Valley Music Festival on May 26, 2019, in Napa, California. The musician has successfully undergone a heart procedure and is canceling several Las Vegas shows planned for December.  (Amy Harris/Invision/AP, File)

KATHIE LEE GIFFORD TALKS CANCEL CULTURE, FORGIVING FRANK GIFFORD AFTER INFIDELITY: ‘IT ALMOST DESTROYED ME’ 

Michael Vrionis, president of Universal Tone Management, said the 74-year-old guitarist underwent an "unscheduled heart procedure," but gave no specifics. 

The 10-time Grammy winner’s heart procedure and recovery prompted the cancellation of his concerts at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino through the end of the year. He's set to resume performances in January, his management said. 

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP 

Carlos Santana performs onstage during the Pre-Grammy Gala and Grammy Salute to Industry Icons Honoring Sean "Diddy" Combs on Jan. 25, 2020, in Beverly Hills, California.

Carlos Santana performs onstage during the Pre-Grammy Gala and Grammy Salute to Industry Icons Honoring Sean "Diddy" Combs on Jan. 25, 2020, in Beverly Hills, California.  (Allen Berezovsky/Getty Images)

"Carlos is doing fantastic and is anxious to be back on stage soon," Vrionis said in a statement. "He profoundly regrets that this ‘speed bump’ necessitated the cancellation of his upcoming performances." 

Earlier this year, Santana released the album "Blessings and Miracles," which includes collaborations with Rob Thomas, Chris Stapleton and more. 

Print Print    Close Close

URL

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/carlos-santana-cancels-december-shows-heart-procedure

  • Home
  • Video
  • Politics
  • U.S.
  • Opinion
  • Entertainment
  • Tech
  • Science
  • Health
  • Travel
  • Lifestyle
  • World
  • Sports
  • Weather
  • Privacy
  • Terms

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. © FOX News Network, LLC. All rights reserved. Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. Market data provided by Factset. Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. Legal Statement. Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by LSEG. Do Not Sell my Personal Information - New Terms of Use - FAQ